Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Time means Greenwich


I broaden my transport possibilities by hopping the tube and jumping on the DLR, the Docklands Light Rail and think how the C-Train doesn't know how to do transit: here we have upholstered seats and doors between cars. I walk to Parsons Green, take the District Line tube to Bank, and transfer to the DLR, getting off at Cutty Sark. There I meet another Canadian friend who shows off her neighbourhood: I straddle Greenwich Mean Time, wander parks, take in astronomy galleries and take pictures. I wonder about working in Waterstones, a British Chapters. We split a two-meals-for-six-pounds meal at a gastro pub, and after the pasta I head home via "proper train", the National Rail, to Westminister, where the District Line takes me home again.

No comments: